Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Thanks to the Birders, and RSS Feeds


Before getting back to 27Things, I just want to say what a pleasure it's been reading other peoples' blogs. I've enjoyed finding out that there are other birders working for SPL (I thought I was alone!), and have especially enjoyed reading For the Birds. I also want to thank Bibliocrone for mentioning that people can join the Sacramento Birds Yahoo Group. I've signed up, and am looking forward to getting local bird news via e-mail (ok - if you like birds you'll understand).
On RSS, I actually already had a Bloglines account, and had some feeds there. For this exercise I added more feeds - ones having to do with genealogy, since updated information in this area helps me in my job. I have to agree with Sola Soleil about RSS feeds, though - it's hard to get the time to read this steady stream of information coming your way! Maybe the trick is to limit it to the feeds you really think are most important.

5 comments:

  1. It's great that you've found a common interest with another co-worker that you wouldn't have known about otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the coolest thing about this project is how much we are learning about one another outside of library-related stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I LOVE your custom blog title image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading your posts! Your header is lovely. Thanks also for the tip on Sacto.Birds. Yours with links. FTB

    ReplyDelete
  5. You probably already know this, but the Sacramento Audubon Society has some great field trips, and they're free! Upcoming trips are on their website.

    ReplyDelete