Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mike to the Rescue, and Rollyo

It seems that someone at LibraryThing is looking out for me - specifically Mike, who apparently troubleshoots the problems people have with this service. It really surprised me when he responded to my last blog about the problem with my LibraryThing widget disappearing. To solve the problem he applied a patch, and added some code - so far it seems to be working! I'm hoping for the best.

Rollyo seems easy enough. I made two searchrolls - one for genealogy and the other for birds. Choosing certain web sites to search does narrow the results, and ensures that those results come from trusted sources. I tend to wonder, though, what information I might be missing when I limit myself to just a few sites. I guess that's why the searchroll gives you the option of searching the web instead of those selected sites.

3 comments:

  1. I wondered who Mike was, looking out for your LibraryThing account--I'm even more impressed with the site now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't try a genealogy search, but for things like health issues, etc, I had better results with good, omnipotent Google!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rollyo is like a "search within these results" tool - you've already done a preliminary search, so to speak, by selecting the web sites you include.

    ReplyDelete