Thursday, July 2, 2009

A New World of Librarianship


The Library 2.0 article that appealed to me the most is Into a New World of Librarianship, by Michael Stephens (from NextSpace, the OCLC newsletter). What appealed to me is that he applies Web 2.0 tools and thinking to principles that librarians have always had, coming up with a new "strategy guide" to suggest ways that we might use this technology in our profession. In a way it reminds me of a set of guidelines for new librarians I had seen several years ago, but couldn't quite remember. After some searching, I've decided that what I was thinking of was the Ten Graces for New Librarians, which isn't technology-oriented but is still relevant. Well, it's not exactly the same thing, but similar. I think it's worthwhile to refer to both the Stephens article and the "Ten Graces" for a little guidance and inspiration every once in a while - at least it is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment