Wednesday, July 15, 2009

YouTube - Talavera Tiles of Puebla

The YouTube video I chose gives a brief history of tilemaking in the Mexican city of Puebla. The reason I chose it is that I appreciate the beauty of tiles, and am always interested in learning more about them. Also, since I have no videos of my own on YouTube, I decided it would probably be ok to put this UNESCO video on my blog. I'm not entirely clear on whether or not it's acceptable to use someone's personal YouTube video on your blog - my guess is that it's a bad idea. Although I doubt that I would use YouTube for library purposes, I know one of my colleagues made a video on the site to advertise one of her teen library programs.

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing that if you link to the original, there's no problem. If you fix it so it looks like your own video, then there's a problem. By embedding the YouTube video in your site, you are actually still linking to YouTube.

    ReplyDelete